Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Learning Styles

As 2014 comes to a close, I've been reflecting on our school year and what has worked and what I'd like to do differently.  I've appreciated our time unschooling - it has helped me see how each of my kids learn and has helped them discover what they're really interested in.  We have talked about future plans and how to attain those goals.  Brendan has realized he does not like to watch lessons on video - he wants to see an example and get to work and then find me if he needs help.  Tori likes to see lessons on video. 

It may be that I haven't given unschooling enough time but we're ready to go back to working through a regular curriculum.  I've always tended to be more relaxed about our school work and I want to stay flexible but also want to plan a daily routine. 

Looking forward to 2015! 

No comments: