Thursday, November 20, 2008

Has it really been a week already?


This vacation has been so delightful. I'd love to stay longer. But work and obligations are calling us home. So tomorrow morning we will start the journey home. Mapquest quoted our trip as taking 14 hours. We made it in 16 on the way down, including stops. Not too shabby. Tomorrow we are planning to go approximately 11 hours and I don't think that's counting stops. I'm hoping that's not too ambitious. It will be nice to have a shorter trip on Saturday and to have time at home to unwind and unpack and do some shopping.


But it could make for some really bad times tomorrow. I think I've done all I can do. I have snacks, water bottles, movies, toys, books, and blankies. I just hope for happy dispositions and some longer naps while riding in the car.


It's been great to have this time with family and knowing we'll get to see them next week makes it that much better.

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Love that picture of you all! You look so reoaxed and happy. :)

Praying for you return trip. Also for your time readjusting to routines and being home. I know it is always a little hard to get back into every thing.