Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pictures



Yes, I finally got my new camera. On Wednesday. And I started taking pictures on Wednesday. I *think* it is what I want in a camera. The problem lies in the person taking the pictures. My friend is a really good photographer. She has a camera very similar to this and I was so impressed with the pictures she took. I now think that has something more to do with the fact that she's a REALLY GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER and not the camera. Nuts.

Just like it didn't matter so much what guitar I bought. It will only make the desired sound if I practice and get good at it.

Now I know you can debate quality and graphics and sound and whatever. I don't want to spend money on things that will produce junk. So I still think I made good decisions both times. Now the trick is to practice (both pictures and guitar) and become proficient at them.

So tell me, do these look blurry to you? I think I have a problem holding my hand steady when I take a picture. I hope it's not the camera. A user error would be much cheaper to fix than a system error.

2 comments:

Jacob Hall said...

They look blurrier in the thumbnail view than in the full size view. I think Rachies pic is a bit fuzzy, Owies looks good. Are there manual overrides on the camera, or just the "auto" focus type stuff? I think you'll start getting better pics when you get the hang of the camera.

Angie said...

There are manual overrides which I don't know how to use very well. This camera is supposed to have a really good auto feature. I did realize they look blurrier in the thumbnail, which is annoying but probably a fault of the blog site. That made me feel better about the camera and me. :)