Thursday, June 13, 2013

The livin' is easy

Oh, it's summertime.  The sun has been shining, the pool is open, the water is clear and we are loving it.  Our days start out slower, evenings last longer and most afternoons have been spent in the pool.  What else could I ask for?

Okay, one thing.  Two weeks ago, the kids stayed with Josh's parents for a couple days.  I met a friend for lunch, ran a couple errands and then came home and went swimming.  By myself.  Heaven.  I laid on a floatie and started at the blue sky and felt the warm sun and just floated.  Bliss.  No one splashing or interrupting my daydreaming.  I think that needs to happen every once in awhile.  I could just *be*.  Maybe I can convince the kids to give me an hour by myself before they come out to swim.

Every once in awhile, we've had a rainy day.  A perfect opportunity to clean the house, catch up on laundry and plan some meals.

Yup, there is no doubt about it.  I'm spoiled.

No comments: