Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting Ready

I don't like to make decisions. I especially don't like to make definite decisions. I hate committing to anything until the last possible minute. I say words like "probably" and "most likely" way too often. I over-think and over-analyze everything. I list the pros and cons of a decision and then go through each pro or con and give it a rating system based on 1 to 10 . . . okay, not really, but it's not a bad idea. I just hate making mistakes. I hate regretting decisions I made, especially when maybe those decisions could have been reversed had I just thought about it a little bit more. I get what is called "paralysis analysis", or is it "analysis paralysis", often, even with little decisions.

So, after much talk (lots and lots of talk!) and thought (lots and lots of thinking!), I'm fairly sure (see, I did it again!) that we will be putting our house up for sale this weekend. Or soon after. I know, I have issues. :)

Brendan and Tori had the opportunity to go camping with Josh's parents this weekend and they were thrilled about it. They love everything about camping. I love a lot of things about it but not the dirt - if it could just be cleaner. Anyways, I said I would take them up to their house and then had the bright idea of seeing if my parents (who live in the same town) would be able to watch Owen and Rachel for a couple days. They said that would be fine so now I have a few days at home with no children around. That means no excuses for not getting things done. :)

My goal is to take advantage of this time and get the house ready to sell. There isn't much to do but it could be time consuming if done right - organizing, sorting, all that kind of stuff. We hope to have a sign up and an ad in the paper by Monday. I'm still not sure that I want to move or that it would be best for us but I'm sure I'll analyze it some more. :) In the meantime, we'll see what happens. And we'll have a cleaner, more organized house.

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I know all about those darn decisions... :) I am always worried about regrets as well. I so want to do the right thing - and am a very 'black and white' person. I tend to think that there is a clear cut right and wrong in each situation. Like, God's will and NOT God's will. Well, I have been learning that that is not always so. (Maybe I need another Sunday school series taught by Josh on God's will...) :) Any way, there may be times in life where either decision is an okay one. That makes it even harder! :)
Praying for you as you enter this new adventure of house selling and possible buying. I hope you guys find something really great for your family!