Thursday, March 5, 2009

So many things to think about

Or maybe I should title this "Hanging on by a thread". I just feel like I have not done very well this week at keeping up with things. I have stayed up late every single night and gotten up late almost every single day. I have only done my Bible study two mornings this week so far. I'm way behind in laundry and the house needs a good cleaning. The basement is a wreck (again!) and there are piles of paper all over my kitchen counter. Oh, and did I mention that we want to list our house again?!?

We've decided it would really be beneficial if we could sell our house and move. Not necessary but beneficial. I have to keep reminding myself that we'll be okay if we can't move. Because I really, really, really want to move. We looked at a house that was for sale on Wednesday and I'm ready to sign the papers now. I had everything figured out - I could picture how our life would look there and I liked the look of it. But it might not happen. I have to prepare for this reality. I don't want my happiness to depend on the house I live in. So I have to rein in my emotions and try to be content with whatever happens.

I had originally wanted to have the house ready to list by the first of April but after looking over March, I don't see how that will happen. On a good week, I stay caught up with housework. When am I going to be able to get ahead? I think I need to work on baby steps. But remember the spring cleaning fiasco? I couldn't even keep up with that! Maybe we'll just have to take a day off and make that our work day and see what can be accomplished. Maybe the house won't get listed until May. Maybe that is all part of a bigger plan. Maybe I just need to do what I can do every day and not put unrealistic expectations on myself that turn me into "momzilla". I think I'm onto something here.

I love starting a blog and ending in a completely different spot than where I had planned. I feel more at peace already. Now I'll focus on what I did do this week instead of what I didn't do. I taught Brendan and Tori this week. I took care of Rachel and Owen's needs and sometimes their wants. I finished taxes and filed them and both were accepted. Yay! I started a new on-line budget system called Pear Budget and have it completely caught up now. I am very excited about this and think it will really help keep me accountable. I love how I can review our spending for each month and see if our budget needs to be adjusted. You should check it out. It's like the spreadsheet I was trying to create but a thousand times better. Definitely worth the $3 a month. I was really beginning to hate my spreadsheet. We bought two new dressers at Ikea and Josh put them together Tuesday and Wednesday night. Today I moved our old dressers out and put the new dressers in and switched our clothes over.

And now I go to bed late once again. But tomorrow it is Friday. :) And our family will be going down to stay with my sister and her husband for a few days. It has been a long time since we were down there and I'm really looking forward to hanging out with them. There is also a used bookstore in their town. :) Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: