Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9

Day 9 - Wednesday

Today the list seems long.

~peeks of sunshine among strong gusts of wind.

~watching leaves falling and swirling down the street.

~the smell of chicken teriyaki, rice and broccoli cooking for supper.

~the kids I work with on Wednesday nights at Awana. Even if their parents just drop them off for a date night, I'm still thankful they are there. This has taken me a few years to get this attitude. I love singing the kid songs, listening to the Bible stories and hearing the simple truths over and over, and working with them on their verses. I like calming down the rambunctious ones and getting the shy ones to feel more comfortable.

~a pantry and refrigerator full of food and nothing planned for tomorrow. Maybe some baking? Maybe some organizing? Definitely some reading.

~ a slower paced day for school work. Much needed and much appreciated after a busy Wednesday.

No comments: