Thursday, January 8, 2009

Weekly Wrap-up

This week I decided to participate in Jennifer's Weekly Wrap Up at Getting Ahead. The point is to write about the different ways you were frugal this week to encourage or help others do the same. I thought about doing it last week but it wasn't a very frugal week. :) This week has been better so I'm eager to share.

- I bought 4 loaves of bread, 2 loaves of breakfast bread, 1 pkg hot dog buns and 1 pkg hamburger buns at the bread outlet store for $5.23! I love that place.

- I went to Aldi instead of Meijer or Kroger. Their prices are much cheaper, the quality is very good and there isn't as much to choose from so I don't pick up extra things "just because". It's easy to stick to the list there.

- I went to Walgreens tonight and bought 6 boxes of South Beach snack bars, 1 box of Electrasol dishwashing gelpacs, Garnier Fructis shampoo, 4 candy bars, and 2 bottles of Theraflu for $7 total after coupons and a $4 register reward from a previous visit. Then I received a $5 register reward to use the next time, plus I will get $7.65 on my gift card and a mail-in-rebate for $3! That kind of shopping gives me such a thrill.

- I mentioned to a friend that I was going to start using a new math curriculum for my son and she had the teacher's book and teaching dvd that she graciously has allowed me to use so now I just have to buy the student workbook.

I'm not that frugal in my everyday household duties. Right now I'm happy keeping our household budget under control and maybe soon I will stretch myself some more to see where I can save even more. I like telling our money where to go instead of always asking where it went.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So true about telling our money where to go instead of asking where it went. We do the dave ramsey plan and the cash envelopes. I did our budget this pay period, got all the cash out and just stuck it all in my wallet, not in the separate envelopes. So now I am wondering why I only have $14 left and 1 more week to go. Ugh! Thanks for participating!