Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vacation Highlights



We stayed at a resort in Cedarville, MI called Island View Resort. It's right on Lake Huron and was just beautiful. To be able to wake up every morning and see this view all day long was amazing. I would love to be able to rent a place on a lake for a month sometime. Honestly, I'd love to live there year-round but I'll go for realistic.



There was a family softball game one night, a variety show one night and lots of games and laughs every night. Tori did pieces of her ballet recital without any music. She did so good at remembering all the steps - I don't know where she gets the desire to perform from.


























There was also an incident with the paddleboat. On it's 2nd run of the week, some boys took it out too far and needed help getting back in. Somehow the rope got wound around something, making it difficult to peddle and when they tried to force the peddles to go, it broke. A boat was sent out to rescue the paddleboat but the boys were on their own. :)








Another highlight was frog-catching. That is one of the best parts about a vacation like this. For a whole week, my kids get to do things like catch frogs and worms and parts of crayfish. I like that they get those experiences but I also like that it only happens a few times a year.



Some other highlights is that there were no major injuries (unless you count the time I bit my tongue really hard, which did affect my ability to read books out loud to Owen and Rachel clearly for a day) and no major sunburns (except for a stupid spot on my knee and also my toes - and I used sunscreen!) All in all, it was a great vacation. And I haven't even talked about our craft projects yet! I'll post about that next and how Owen and Rachel did in a big lake.

No comments: