Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vacation

We are leaving tomorrow for vacation. My mom's family rents a bunch of cabins for a week in northern Michigan and vacations together on a lake. The location has changed several times over the years but the main idea is the same - a place that we can have all to ourselves on a lake. We take turns making meals and play lots of games together. The younger cousins play together and the older ones get re-acquainted and share stories from younger years. There are boat rides, songs around the campfire and delicious snacks. My grandma generously paid for the vacation until she passed away last year. Now it is uncertain if the tradition can continue. Life is always uncertain so we will enjoy our time together on a beautiful lake and make new memories. I am already anticipating good conversation and lots of laughs. :)

We've decided to drive up to my parents tomorrow to make the trip on Saturday a little shorter. Because of that, we started packing up the truck tonight. Because of that, I didn't get much done as far as emptying the house today. And when we get back, Josh will work midnights the next week for a project at work. I can't really guess how that will go and what I will be able to get done and if I'll even end up staying here. I'm trying to be flexible - but that goes completely against my planner personality. I want to know what's going on! A deep breath - and I'm okay. I just have to remember to do that several times throughout the day. A deep breath and a prayer and I'm good to go - for another 10 minutes. :)

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your time away. Aren't vacations the best? I love the relaxation of being away from the one million and one things that constantly call for our attention at home. Enjoy!!