Sunday, February 1, 2009

Up with people

I love music. I love all kinds of music. I love how it makes me feel. I love how certain memories are connected to certain songs and when I hear those songs, the memories just come flooding back. It's like my past is never that far away if it's connected to a song.

One album that was a big part of my childhood was Up With People. It was a group of college kids, I believe, that would go around and perform. My parents had the record Up With People, The 75/76 Show Album. I would listen to that record over and over, sitting on my bean bag with big huge headphones on. I'd have the album jacket open so I could read the words and sing along. Oh, how I loved that record.

For the last 5 years, I have been searching for it. I've looked on itunes, I've googled it, I've searched everyway I knew how but no luck. I thought my parents still had the record and had thought about buying a record-t0-cd converter so I could get a digital copy.

Today my dad shared the wonderful news - it is on itunes! I just downloaded it and feel like I'm back in 2nd grade. I just need the bean bag chair and the headphones!

No comments: