Saturday, July 5, 2008

Creative Mind



Check these out - my Aunt Linda took the placemat bag idea and just ran with it. This is just what she's done since vacation. Meanwhile I am almost done with my laundry. I really do have free time, I just spend it on other things, like checking this blog to see if I have comments. :)


I recently read a really good book called Me, Myself and Bob, by Phil Vischer. He created Veggie Tales and this tells that whole story - how he created it, how it fell apart and what he did afterwards. I saw a video of him speaking at a conference and thought he had a really good message so when I saw this book at a garage sale (25 cents - love it!) I snatched it up and read it in a couple days. He talks about having a dream and having God fulfill that dream and then watching that dream die and making sense of it, especially when that dream was doing good things for God. I really liked his point that God wants a relationship with us first and he wants us to just walk with Him. We don't have to get so worried and caught up in what we should be doing and feel like we always have to be doing something. Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." What a great verse. It's just that simple.




1 comment:

Denise B. said...

I love the placemat bags!! Surely I could do that? Just tell me how! I really want to read the book you pointed out, I saw it a while a go and it sounded interesting. Someday I'll have time to read again. hehe.

Denise