Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Familiar Scene








This is a familiar scene at our house. Brendan loves to read. He also likes to share that love with his siblings. I totally get him when it comes to books. There are many things he does that I do not understand but I love that we have this in common. He is always hopeful that I will come back from a garage sale or a used bookstore with some treasures for him. I try not to disappoint him. Josh will sometimes say that he has enough or too many books but he and I know there is no such thing. Right now he is reading The Chronicles of Narnia. I had put half his books out in the garage to de-clutter the house and he said he needed to get some of those out because he needed other books to read. He had already read and re-read the stack remaining on his shelf. I suggested a few from our shelf and he chose The Chronicles of Narnia. He has really liked them and is reading them at a pretty good pace. He carries them around with him and even took the next one in the series this weekend in case he finished the one he was on, which he did. He likes to be prepared. Next he says he wants to read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. I'm hoping to encourage some independent learning this school year. I'd say he's well on his way.

No comments: